Varicose veins commonly refer to veins in legs that have become enlarged and twisted. It is also known as varicoses or varicosities. In these conditions, veins become dilated and overfilled with blood. Veins in these conditions are very painful. Veins turn into bluish or red in color and appear swollen and raised. This is very common condition in women and appears in lower portion of legs.
Tests like angiogram and ultrasound helps to diagnose this disease.
Varicose veins are caused when blood flows back in the veins. Veins have one-way valves, which prevent backflow of blood. When these valves fail, instead of going back to the heart, blood begins to collect in the vein. Legs are most affected parts of the body as these are farthest from heart and gravity makes it tough for the blood to move upwards.
Some factors that contribute to this condition are:
- · Chronic heart valve conditions
- · Pregnancy
- · Menopause
- · Standing for a long period
- · Pressure on the mid section of the body like abdominal area
- · Obesity, which increases pressure on legs
- · Highly visible raided veins
- · Swelling
- · Heaviness in affected area
- · Ache in legs
- · Discoloration in some cases
- · Ulcers around ankles in a few cases
- · Venous eczema
- · Skin thickening
Homeopathic remedy:- As per Dr.Abhishek there are more than 66 homeopathic medicine which can be helpful to treat varicose vein. For selecting best Homeopathic medicine of varicose vein indivusilisation on the basis of totality is must. Few of medicine with there symptoms are given below-
· Vipera and Graphites – These are one of the best homeopathic remedy that cures varicose veins with cramps and jerks in legs. Vipera is top natural remedy for enlarged veins followed by cramps in lower limbs of the patient. The patient is advised to keep the legs elevated while sleeping. Whereas, graphite is prescribed to the person who is feeling paralyzed in limbs.
· Carbo Veg and Bellis Perrinis – These are prescribed for this condition during pregnancy with bruises and aching. These have proved to be effective for pain down the thighs.
· Calcarea flourata – It is most beneficial in the case with intense swelling. It is very helpful in bringing down the pain and swelling in a safe way.
- · Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- · Avoid standing for long periods
- · Avoid excessive exposure to sun
- · Maintain a healthy and proper weight
- · Refrain crossing legs for long time