Irritable Bowel Syndrome Homeopathy Treatment
Aura Homeopathy Clinic India offers best homeopathy cure for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). We follow standard classical homeopathy protocol backed with exhaustive clinical research.
IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME - CAUSES, SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT
IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a functional disorder of the gut characterized by pain in abdomen, cramps, gas, bloating, diarrohea and constipation, without any organic cause . In IBS, the function of the gut is upset, leading to changes in bowel movements, but pathologically all parts of the gut is normal, even under microscopic examination.
Despite, signs and symptoms of IBS can be very uncomfortable, IBS does not cause inflammation or lesions in intestine or increase your risk of intestinal cancer -like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
The severity of symptoms vary from person to person, few people with this disease have more severe signs and symptoms, than others. As per Dr.Abhishek M.D Homeopathy, proper diet, lifestyle changes and stress management is very important for its cure.
Causes of IBS
The exact cause of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is not known. It can be due to many contributing factors including anxiety, mental stress, alteration in the gastrointestinal tract motility, High sensitivity to pain, and certain food intolerances. Risk factors of IBS are:
- Altered movements of the colon and small intestines
- Pain Hypersensitivity due to gas or full bowel
- Sensitivities to food, eg. Mal-absorption of acids or sugar in food
- Bacterial or viral infection of either stomach or intestines, may cause IBS symptoms
- Mental conditions such as depression or mental anxiety may trigger IBS in many people.
- Reproductive hormones or neurotransmitters may be off-balance in people with IBS.
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
- Though hereditary link has not been proven yet. But genetics can be a possible cause of IBS.
Symptoms of IBS
Patients with irritable bowel syndrome may present with a wide variety of symptoms, which include not only gastrointestinal but also extra-intestinal complaints. Though, intestinal manifestations is important to characterize it, typical triad of symptoms include- Pain in abdomen, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloated
- Excessive Gas Formation
- Diarrhoea or constipation — and at times diarrhoea alternate with constipation
- Excessive mucus in the stool
- Poor appetite
- Feeling of fullness even after eating very less
- EXTRA-INTESTINAL SYMPTOMS
- Menstrual cramps ,
- Pain during sexual intercourse,
- Increased urinary frequency and
- Fibromyalgia symptoms :- Weakness and Tiredness, Backache and Muscular pains.
DIAGNOSIS OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
The diagnosis is made through a complete evaluation of the patient's signs and symptoms. In 1992 international group of experts created Rome Criteria for the diagnosis of IBS. There after these criteria updated as Rome III in 2006, which is currently the most widely used.
As per Rome III criteria, IBS patient must present abdominal pain or discomfort for at least 3 days in each month, in the last 3 along with 2 of the following 3 findings:
- Abdominal pain ameliorate after evacuation.
- Abdominal pain begins with changes in the appearance of the stool.
- Abdominal pain starts with changes in bowel habits either diarrhea or constipation.
After the diagnosis, IBS can be classified into 4 subtypes:
- Irritable bowel syndrome with bowel constipation : hard stool or ball-like stools in at least 25% of stools / stools soft or liquid in less than 25% of bowel movements.
- Irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea : Soft or liquid stools in at least 25% of bowel or hardened bowel movements in less than 5% of bowel movements.
- Mixed irritable bowel syndrome : soft or liquid stools in at least 25% of bowel or caked bowel movements in at least 25% of bowel movements
- Nonspecific irritable bowel syndrome : Any pattern that does not fit into the 3 definitions above.
TREATMENT OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
As per Dr.Abhishek, it is very important for the patient to learn and recognize what types of food trigger IBS so that he can avoid it. Stress Management play vital role in its treatment. Regular physical exercise and frequent water intake is also important.
Tips on Diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Avoid carbohydrate that are fermented during the digestion process, as these lead to increased production of gases by intestinal bacteria.
- Restricting foods rich in gluten helps few.
- The list of foods is different for different people, which can trigger bouts of diarrhea, bloating or abdominal pain in the irritable bowel syndrome, as not always what is bad for one person has the same effect for another person.
Homeopathic treatment for IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Aura homoeopathic treatment helps to restore the altered motility and functionality of intestine. It control the symptoms like: irregular bowel movements, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, etc. very effectively. Homeopathy helps to reduce the frequency of relapse. Homeopathy treatment helps in preventing the recurrence of IBS as time progresses.
Results and duration of treatment vary from case to case, as it depend on number of factors such as:
- Severity of the condition,
- Family history,
- General health of the patient,
- Treatment taken so far, etc
Meet our Team of Specialist today to know more about IBS homeopathic treatment, to live a suffering-free life after Aura Homeopathy treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.