Rheumatoid arthritis is a long lasting disease that primarily affects joints. It is triggered by faulty immune system. This autoimmune disorder results in warm, swollen and painful joints. It is a form of arthritis that causes stiffness and at times loss of function of joints. As per Dr.Abhishek M.D, Aura Homeopathy Wrists and hands are most commonly affected, although it may affect other parts as well. This disease also results in low RBC count and inflammation around the lungs and heart. Rheumatoid arthritis can also affect other body parts besides joints like eyes, mouth and lungs. Females are more likely to get rheumatoid arthritis than males. Rheumatoid arthritis starts in middle age, and it is most common in old age. However, exact cause is still not known, researchers say that it might be due to genes, change in hormones or environmental factors. Increased stiffness in the morning that lasts for an hour, being a prominent feature, gentle movements may relieve the person at initial stage. For most people suffering from the disorder, early treatment has reduced the pain and damage done to joints.
· Joint pain
· Joint swelling
· Rheumatoid nodules
· Morning stiffness
· Loss of appetite
· Low degree fever in few cases
The symptoms and effects of the disease may come and go. In addition, the period of high intense condition may last for few days or months. Apart of joints it can affect:
· Skin – Small lumps under the skin, called nodules, are formed
· Eyes – Impaired vision Dryness or redness in eyes
· Blood – The person may suffer from anaemia
· Blood vessels – Inflammation of vessels may damage other organs
· Mouth – Mouth becomes dry and prone to gum infection or irritation
· Lungs – Inflammation of lungs may lead to short breathes
Best Homeopathic medicine for Rheumatoid arthritis
· Antimonium Crudum – It is helpful in the cases where pain worsens in cold weather or due to cold water. It also yields good results where the joint pain is accompanied by stomach complaints and white coated tongue.
· Actea Spicata – It is an excellent homeopathic treatment for tearing and tingling pain in the wrist along with excessive swelling that gets worse on touch or any movement.
· Rhus Toxicodendron – This medicine is prescribed in case of pain and stiffness in knee joints, which gets worse while resting and pain reduces on any movement like walking.
· Pulsatilla Nigricans – It is a natural homeopathic medicine that effectively treats the patients who complain of shifting type of pain from one joint to another, along with chilliness making the person restless.
· Healthy and balanced diet
· Consumption of food rich in antioxidants
· Engaging in physical activities
· Balancing activity with proper rest
· Heat and cold therapies
· Healthy lifestyle
· Positive outlook and support system