Otitis Media / Middle Ear Infection / Acute Suppurative Otitis Media (ASOM) / Serour Otitis Media / Aero Otitis Media / Cholesteatoma / CSOM
Inflammation of middle ear due to pyogenic micro-organisms is known as Otitis Media . It very common in small children. The course of Otitis media is Viral infection affecting upper respiratory tract there by pyogenic bacterial infection invade the middle ear and causes otitis media leading to pain ,fever, and irritability.
In Otitis media there is production of pus, fluid, and inflammation in middle ear behind the tympanic membrane.As eustachian tubes, are not fully formed in small children, hence fluid in the middle ear can’t drain through nose. Due to fluid accumulation, it leads to increase pressure, pain, and inflammation of eardrum hence providing a favourable condition for bacteria to grow, which result in infection.
- Acute suppurative otitis media:
It begun as middle ear inflammation with mucus and fluid trapped inside the middle ear, which leads to pain. It is usually after upper respiratory infection. Acute otitis media (AOM) is usually viral and it is self-limiting, as it usually present with viral upper respiratory infection.Patient complaint of congestion in ears and discomfort but the good part is that these symptoms decreases with the underlying URI cure. At times middle ear, gets infected with bacteria,this condition is termed as acute bacterial otitis media.Patient with bacterial acute otitis media suffer from earache, which is more severe and continuous. Earache is with fever of 101 °F or more.If this condition not treated properly may lead to eardrum perforation, mastoiditis-infection of the mastoid space or bacterial meningitis.
- Chronic otitis media: This may lead to ongoing damage to the middle ear. In this condition pain is less as campare to acute otatis media, but this condition last for longer and infection can occur repeatedly again and again.Chronic otitis media can also be caused by cholesteatoma- benign growth in middle ear. Chronic suppurative otitis media can cause a hole in tympanic membrane. This condition is more frequent in persons having poor Eustachian tube function. It may lead to Hearing impairment.
- Aero-otitis media: It is due to failure of Eustachian tube which helps in maintaining middle ear pressure, this condition is non suppurative. Usually happen while rapid descent during aireplane flight, Diving- underwater.
- Recurrent cold and cough, upper respiratory tract infection, fever like measles, diphtheria.
- Infants,who drink milk in a bottle , while lying on their back
- Cleft palate.
- Dysfunction of eustachian tube which helps the ineffective clearing of bacteria from the middle ear.
- Poor immunity
- Down’s syndrome
- Allergies to pollen, dust, animal dander, or food.
- Exposure to smoke.
- Bacterial causes
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Streptococcus pneumonia
- Viral causes
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Adeno and rhino viruses
Signs & symptoms
- Acute otitis media causes pain, fever, and difficulty in hearing.
- Tinnitus buzzing or ringing noise in ears.
- Pain in ear with sensation of pressure.
- Difficulty while sleeping, feeding and hearing.
- Low appetite.
- Upper respiratory infections including watery or stuffy nose and cough.
- Ear drainage – yellow, white or blood discharge.
- Hearing loss.
- Eardrum rupture
- A warm fomentation helps in reducing pain.
- Steam inhalations also help.
- Salt water gargling helps to clear the Eustachian tubes.
- Keeping head erect also helps drain middle ear.
- Healthy Diet: including Vitamin A and C helps fight against infections.
As per Dr.Abhishek, at Aura Homeopathy doctor’s focus on treating infection, homeopathy treatment helps eliminate main cause of otitis, killing the bacteria, resolving swelling in eustachian tube and increasing the immune system. Aura homeopathic medicines are successfully used to eliminate even recurrent otitis media. Homeopathy treatment enhance the immune system and helps prevent and treat differnt infections.Aura Homeopathy treatment for Otitis media is different from allopathy as in that antibiotic and anhi-histamic medicine are given which have lots of side effect and even the problem re-occur again and again, where as with aura homeopathy, treatment is not focus on treating ear infections but treats the person as a whole.
- aura Homeopathy treatment help to reduce the tendency cough and cold which is main cause behind otitis media.
- Homeopathy helps to decrease nasal congestion.
- Remedies help deceasing pain in ear.
- Aura Homeopathy medicines helps in treating accessory symptoms like headache, fever, body pain, & loss of appetite.
- Homeopathic helps to stop complications due to otitis media.
There are 54 homeopathy medicines which give relief and finally cure this condition completely.